From: dewar@merv.cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: Helping Students
Date: 1997/01/25
Date: 1997-01-25T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Jonathan asks

"I have no idea why you people get so upset about helping students with
their school work, after all, aren't you here to help pass on your Ada
skills and knowledge? I mean, that's what you'd be doing as I am learning
Ada at the moment."

If you have no idea, stop and think for a moment. There are probably several
thousand students starting a new term or semester learning Ada right now.
If all of them expected comp.lang.ada to do their homework for them, then
we would have thousands of messages on CLA, swamping the newsgroup and making
it useless.

Thankfully, most students are considerate enough to realize that a newsgroup
like comp.lang.ada is not the right forum for getting simple help for their
assignments!