* Ada 83 classes
@ 1997-01-07  0:00 Ada Jobs
From: Ada Jobs @ 1997-01-07  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: fishc

A gentleman is looking for a 5-day comprehensive Ada 83 course on the
East Coast in February/March 1997.  Any suggestions?

* Re: Ada 83 classes
@ 1997-01-07  0:00 ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1997-01-07  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

adajob asked

"A gentleman is looking for a 5-day comprehensive Ada 83 course on the
East Coast in February/March 1997.  Any suggestions?"

Ada Core Technologies offers comprehensive training in Ada 95, but not
currently in Ada 83. Perhaps the folks at Aonix could help you out.

* Re: Pronunciation question
@ 1997-01-10  0:00     ` Corey Ashford
From: Corey Ashford @ 1997-01-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Beneschan

Adam Beneschan wrote:
[stuff delete]
> How is Steve Jobs' last name pronounced?  My wife and I had a
> disagreement about this.

Like the word job with a z sound at the end.  jawbz

Never heard it pronounced any other way.

- Corey

* Re: Ada 83 classes
@ 1997-01-10  0:00 ` Ben Brosgol
From: Ben Brosgol @ 1997-01-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: adajob; +Cc: brosgol

Ada Jobs (Is this Steve's spouse? :-) wrote:

> A gentleman is looking for a 5-day comprehensive Ada 83 course on the
> East Coast in February/March 1997.  Any suggestions?

Aonix offers a public 5-day course, "Real-Time Programming in Ada", that
covers principally the Ada 83 subset of Ada 95.  It will next be
conducted during February 24-28 in San Diego which, alas, is not on the
East Coast unless the Really Big One hits California.  It will also be
held in Burlington, MA during May 12-16.

For further information on this course, as well as our Ada 95 courses,
check Aonix' web page:
   http://www.aonix.com
The course schedules in particular are at:
   http://www.aonix.com/Products/Services/97schedule.html

Ben Brosgol
Aonix
200 Wheeler Rd.
Burlington, MA 01803
617.221.7317
617.270.6882 (FAX)
brosgol@aonix.com

* Pronunciation question
@ 1997-01-10  0:00   ` Adam Beneschan
From: Adam Beneschan @ 1997-01-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Ada Jobs (Is this Steve's spouse? :-) wrote:

Well, since the above line contains the word Ada, I can claim this
question is on-topic although it really isn't . . .

How is Steve Jobs' last name pronounced?  My wife and I had a
disagreement about this.

                                -- Adam

* Re: Pronunciation question
@ 1997-01-15  0:00       ` John English
From: John English @ 1997-01-15  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Corey Ashford (corey@rational.com) wrote:
: Adam Beneschan wrote:
: [stuff delete]
: > How is Steve Jobs' last name pronounced?  My wife and I had a
: > disagreement about this.

: Like the word job with a z sound at the end.  jawbz
: Never heard it pronounced any other way.

... except that in the UK you won't hear the vowel pronounced

 Senior Lecturer           | http://www.comp.it.bton.ac.uk/je
 Dept. of Computing        | fax: (+44) 1273 642405
 University of Brighton    |