From: dewar@merv.cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: GDB with GNAT 3.04 for DOS
Date: 1996/12/23
Date: 1996-12-23T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Rich Maggio <maggior@world2u.com> writes:
> I was able to get around the debugger except for one case.  I found that I
> could not step into code that existed in a generic package.  The debugger
> seemed to go off into nowhere land - referencing random lines of code in my
> source.  It did not generate any error messages or anything.

That's odd, but might be a result of using an old version of GNAT. Certainly
I step into generic code all the time, and in fact you can successfully
set breakpoints in generic code as well (i.e. in a specific instance) by
using the properly qualified name of the subprogram.

My suggestion is to try this again with 3.07 when it is available, and
then if you have a specific instance of failure, report it with as much
detail as possible to report@gnat.com.

Robert Dewar
Ada Core Technologies