From: dewar@merv.cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: Ada Question
Date: 1996/12/14
Date: 1996-12-14T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

MIROLO Sebastian asked

"This is fine if you got an Ada 95 compiler, but here we are always using an old
Ada 83 compiler (Alsys for MS-DOS). Could anyone remember how to retrieve comman
line arguments in Ada 83 ?"

Be sure to say Ada 83 if you are talking about Ada 83 as opposed to
Ada 95. If you simply say Ada, people will assume you mean Ada 95, the
current version of the language, and not the old version which has been
superceded.

In Ada 83, there is no standard way of getting command line arguments.
It is implementation dependnet, and even varies from one compiler to another
from the same vendor.

But why not just consult your Alsys documentation (I know that the answer
is there, I helped write that documentation at the time!) You must have
full documentation if you have an Alsys compiler, since in those days
all Alsys compilers came with full paper documentation.