From: dewar@merv.cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: Ada strangeness or bug in Gnat?
Date: 1996/11/06
Date: 1996-11-06T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Ronald Cole says

"I wouldn't posit the correctness of my programs on the basis of the
results I get upon running it on this platform."

This behavior is not a result of suppsed backend problems in the PA RISC
version of GNAT. We have a number of customers using the HP PA RISC
port of GNAT, and it seems to be in good shape. This is the current
3.07 version, and it is true that this fixes some problems in the
current public release, but these problems show up in quite different
ways than the problem at hand, so Ronald's guess that the behavior
might be due to backend problems is dubious.

We expect the public release of several of the 3.07 versions next week.