From: dewar@merv.cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: gnat304 Daylight Saving Time problem (was: compiler errors in GNAT 304a (win95))
Date: 1996/10/30
Date: 1996-10-30T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Phil says

"As for Robert Dewar's comment about getting the latest version of everything,
the announcement of availability of new versions appears to be lacking.  I'm
on both the gnat-chat and Tom Griest's mailing lists, but I never saw an
announcement of 304a1.  It's a little much to check the FTP sites daily."

Please note that gnat-chat is NOT some kind of official mailing list, it
is merely an informal list maintained for GNAT users to discuss whatever
they like with one another about the use of GNAT. Do NOT expect to see any
announcements there, since that is not what it is for!

We do make annoucnements to our customers when we make new versions
available, but beyond general announements on CLA for major new
versions, we have no way to reach all GNAT users, and do not attempt
to do so.

So, if you are using GNAT unsupported, I definitely suggest checking
the FTP sites every now and then (lots of people do so, some with
automated tools, the second that a new version is out there, huge
numbers of file transfers occur!). I don't think every day is necessary,
but I believe 3.04a1 was available quite a while ago.

In any case, things will become a little simpler when the NT version is
produced in coordination with other GNAT versions, and distributed
directly from ACT. Also, the fact that it will not require the SDK should
be useful.