From: dewar@merv.cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: Need help bad!!!!!
Date: 1996/10/27
Date: 1996-10-27T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

iAlex said

"        I have a linked list lab I've been working on for college. I've gotten
the sort, etc working, except for 3 procedures that depend on this problem I'm
having. I need to have the user input a name (name : string(1..20);) to do one
of 3 options, add a record, display a records info, or delete the record. I've
been reading the input a character at a time and using an if condition to check
for Ascii.LF so the program can take whats entered and store it in name, and"

This procedure is totally bogus in Ada, assuming you are using Text_IO. You
can't write C code in Ada this diretly, unless you call the real C routines
using pragma Interface, which probably would work. You need to study (from
almost any text book) how Text_IO is defined and works. You probably wanyt
to look at how Get_Line works.