From: dewar@merv.cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: Ada95: at clause - 'Address
Date: 1996/10/19
Date: 1996-10-19T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Ramesh says

In Ada95 I guess the "at clause" has been replaced with the 'Address.
I'm trying to port a piece of software from Ada83 to Ada95, and the "at
clause" is being handled differently by the GNAT compiler. In case 1 it
ignores it (I'm not sure if it will work, as I do not have the complete
software compiled), and in case 2 it complains. Is there any way to get
around this problem.

I do not believe that GNAT ignores case 1 (Ramesh gives no evidence that
this is the case). If there is such evidence, it is a bug, send along
details to report@gnat.com.

In case 2, it complains because this is a construct that is non-portable
and which is rejected by GNAT. We could be more liberable and allow this,
but do not want to unless we know other Ada 95 compilers will also allow
the non-portable cases. Meanwhile, "is there any way to get around this
problem", sure! Write proper Ada 95 code, and use a previously defined
constant for the address (I am sure you got a quite specific GNAT message
telling you to do this :-)