From: dewar@schonberg.cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: Ada Jobs: Gaming Industry
Date: 1996/10/07
Date: 1996-10-07T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Kenneth says

"As far as the Ada coding, it really depends on you. I should inform
you that there are a lot of SDKs from companies like SGI/MIPS that
handle a lot of coding when it comes to games. Most of that code was
written in C/C++/Assembler. Although I like Ada95, why reinvent the
wheel? Most games are written in C/C++ and ideas are borrowed from
that programming language (if not the Pascal used in ColecoVision or
AmosBasic/AREXX in Amiga systems). I can't see why you wouldn't want
to use Ada95 over C++ when writing games for any platform. Its a good
programming language and easier to maintain. Its up to the Software
Engineer really."

Note that the Ada 95 product from SGI includes bindings to these SDK's.
SGI has shown some very nice demos of games written in Ada, calling,
for example, Inventor, to provide 3D graphics.