From: dewar@cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: Which compiler is correct??
Date: 1996/09/10
Date: 1996-09-10T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Ah, finally I figured this out (I would have had it immediately, if you had
said where the error message was posted):

exception
   when Error_In_Demo:
     others => Ada.Exceptions.Save_Occurrence
       (Error_In_Demo,Error_List(3));

that's obviously incorrect, Error_In_Demo is a constant, yet you are using
it as the Target for save occurrence. I think you are mixing up target
and source in the call to Save_Occurrence (not surprising, I think they
are the wrong way round too :-)

Anyway, GNAT should certainly post an error message here, these exception
occurrence constants are a little peculiar, and we just missed this. Indeed
it might have gone undetected for a long time if you had not made this
error of having the parameters the wrong way round!

I guess the reason that you did not see the error was that you were
determined that you knew which way round the parameters were. This is
a common occurrence -- you get "trapped" in a bug :-)