From: dewar@cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: question regarding number of files
Date: 1996/08/20
Date: 1996-08-20T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

John Herro said

"     For more information about the Ada library and its advantages,
download the Ada Tutor program at the Web or FTP site below my signature."

The notion of an Ada library is an obsolete Ada 83 concept. In Ada 95,
this is replaced with the notion of a compilation environment, which
may be represented in many ways (for example in GNAT it is represented
using the original source files).

So John's comments about a library are highly implementation specific
and do not apply to GNAT. I have not read what Ada Tutor has to say
about libraries, but it sounds like it is probably Ada 83, rather
than Ada 95 relevant.

Now of course John *may* be right if you are not using GNAT. If you
are using GNAT, there are also several files generated, as described
in the documentation (I hope you are not yet another user of GNAT who
has not read gantinfo.txt :-) but they do not have to do with checking
types etc.