From: dewar@cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: reset boolean.
Date: 1996/08/18
Date: 1996-08-18T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Lyndon (Charlie-Brown) asks

"                I have a question regarding a boolean statement.
What I want to do is reset the statement to neither false nor true.
Is it possible?
        If anyone has an idea please help me out.
Thanks in advance."

That certainly is confused.
What is a boolean statement?
How can you possibly reset a statement to anything?

Well guessing game time, it soulds like you are asking if it is possible
to set a Boolean *variable* to a value other than True or False. The
answer is of course not.

However, you might want to define your own type

  type Extended_Boolean is (False, True, Neither);

of course if you have a value of this type you need to check explicitly
for it being equal to False or True, you can't just use the value
directly in a Boolean context (like an if condition).