From: dewar@cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: Ada and C++ asserts.
Date: 1996/07/15
Date: 1996-07-15T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Nasser complained:

$CC t2.cc
$a.out
Assertion failed: i == 1, file t2.cc, line 8
Abort (core dumped)

I don't find it so terrible to create a core dump here. In C terms since
there is no consistent way to signal such an event, calling abort and
dumping core so that they you have a debuggable image seems quite
reasonable. Find out if it is defined to do this, I would expect
that it is!