From: dewar@cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: Gnat For use at Question
Date: 1996/07/12
Date: 1996-07-12T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Jon notes that we give an RM reference on this error message

"junk2.adb:4:36: must be constant defined before "Some_Array" (RM 13.1(22))"

Normally we avoid giving RM references, since the RM is seldom helpful if
a message is not clear, and we regard the challenge in error messages
to get short clear messages that do NOT send you scurrying off to the RM
to understand them.

However, this particular case is a rather obscure restriction, and we got
bombarded with people demanding to know how we justified this restriction
Hence the (for GNAT) unusual RM reference in an error message :-)