From: dewar@cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: compile on a pc to a sparc
Date: 1996/07/09
Date: 1996-07-09T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Eric says

"I'm successfully using Gnat on my OS/2 Pentium system at home.  However,
I'd like to run my finished ada program on my sparc at work (it's much
faster).  Rather than having to remake the compiler at work, I'd like to
recompile on my Pentium so that the result is an executable that will run
on the Sparc architecture.

Can this be done?"

In theory yes, in practice, building cross-compilers from OS/2 is pretty
tricky, since OS/2 is enough non-Unix like to make it difficult to use
the normal make files and procedures, but if you know what you are doing
with GCC, and you know OS/2 well, you can probably succeed. It would
be an easier task to build a Linux to Solaris cross-port.

Incidentally, I am not sure what you mean by "remake the compiler".
Installable binary ports are available for both SunOS and Solaris.