From: dewar@cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: How to be sure of if a file exist?
Date: 1996/07/07
Date: 1996-07-07T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Markus said

"How can I make my program find out which files that exist in a certain
directory?"

There is no implementation independent way of doing this (indeed even the
idea of a directory is somewhat implementation dependent).

No doubt the operating system that provides the directories also provides
some routines that answer your question. Find out what these routines are
and call them. To call them from Ada, use pragma Import with the appropriate
convention name. For example, if you find some Fortran routines that do
what you want, call them using pragma Import (Fortran, ...)