From: dewar@cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: Using GNAT with (or without) VxWorks
Date: 1996/07/06
Date: 1996-07-06T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Richard Kenner said

"Historical correction: the original port was to SunOS and there was
a simultaneous bootstrap done on Alpha, so some of the early ports could
have emanated from either and I don't remember which came from which."

Well I agree that the original port was to SunOS and not Solaris!

But the original Alpha port came from the SunOS port (Richard, that has
to be true, we did not have an Ada compiler on the Alpha at the time
that could compile GNAT -- we bootstrapped using the Alsys compiler
under SunOS).