From: dewar@cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: Data compression (in Ada)
Date: 1996/06/29
Date: 1996-06-29T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

iMike says, looking for compression software

"My software MUST be written in Ada83 (contract requirement)."

To me this is the sort of thing that gives the Ada policy a bad name. What
on earth is the point of this. It seems obvious that it would be better to
invoke an existing reliable COTS product for this purpose (there are
several good proprietary and free software solutions).