From: dewar@cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: Gnat 2.06 Ada95 (unix) File format????
Date: 1996/06/15
Date: 1996-06-15T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

i"You missed the point.  Robert can be a bull in a china shop.  If
Robert would say, "We don't have the manpower to maintain old
releases, please download and try the lastest release" or ask the
bloke who releases the CDROMs to include a pointer to the latest
releases on the internet and let that be that, then a lot of people
wouldn't have ruffled feathers."

It is not a matter of person power, it is just that we do not choose
to provide free maintenance services for old versions. It seems reasonable
for people using GNAT to make a little bit of an effort to get the latest
version when it is so easy and inexpensive to do so, rather than asking
questions about obsolete versions.

As for the CDROM, I have sent mucho messages to the "bloke who releases
the CDROMs", and never got an answer! As I say, I think you do much better
to get the Walnut Creek CD ROM which is much more up to date -- I have
no commercial interest in either of these CD ROM's, I *do* have an interest
in people not getting stuck with obsolete junk when for the same price
they can get something much better!