From: dewar@cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: GNAT on the Macintosh: 68k status
Date: 1996/06/05
Date: 1996-06-05T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Art Evans said

"By the way, we do not support tasking on the 680x0, and it's not clear
that we ever will.  However, tasking is supported on the PowerPC
version."

This is incorrect. The technical work on the tasking for the PowerPC
version is being done by Cyrille Comar (Ada Core Technologies) and
Jim Hopper (McGee consulting) with help from other folks including
the people at Tenon, who have successfully ported a thread package
which is the first step. However, the actual port of tasking is
definitely NOT done yet, so Art's use of the present tense is
premature.

(Ed Schonberg likes to call this (mis)use of the present tense, the
"Computer Science Present Tense", in honor of its wide use in the
computer programming field :-)