From: dewar@cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: GNAT GARLIC implementation
Date: 1996/05/02
Date: 1996-05-02T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

"It is a seperate FSF product, the same as GNAT itself, but where you get it
from and how you build/port/use it I don't know."

This is a little misleading. FSF had and has nothing to do with GNAT and
Garlic. GNAT is currently maintained by ACT, but we assign the copyright
to Free Software Foundation -- a useful way of makingit clear that the
intention is that it remain under the GPL. Similarly, Garlic is a product
that has primarily been created in France that will be maintained by
ACT/Europe. Again, the copyright is being assigned to FSF to guarantee
continued free availability, but these are not FSF products in the
sense that GNU itself or GCC are FSF products.