From: dewar@cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: Ada Equivalent of "system()" in C?
Date: 1996/04/16
Date: 1996-04-16T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Dave asks

"I'm new to Ada programming, having come from a C background.  Is
there an equivalent in Ada of the "system()" function in C that
allows you execute an external program?"

I don't have my C standard handy, but I am a little surprised if system()
is part of the C language, but either way, the answer is the same!

There is no function in Ada for this purpose, but you can call the
system function from Ada using pragma Interface with no problem.