From: dewar@cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: Something like "->" in Ada?
Date: 1996/04/01
Date: 1996-04-01T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Chris says

"   I am learning OOP with Ada 95.  Although I have only a bit of experience,
mostly with Perl 5, I find that the "->" operator is much more intuitive
than passing an object as a parameter to a subprogram.  Is it possible to
define "->" as the following:"

What you are used to always seems more intuitive than what you are
getting used to. Wait till you can say "I have completely learned OOP
with Ada 95", then see what you think. Many people think that the
procdure argument approach is in fact much simpler, and that the ->
is unnecssarily restrictive and over-specific.