From: dewar@cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: GNAT's gnatchp
Date: 1996/03/31
Date: 1996-03-31T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

"I have been trying to get the GNAT utility "gnatchp" to work
without success.

I have strictly followed the documentation"

Well that's a nice contradiction. There is no such thing as the
GNAT utility "gnatchp", so it would be *quite* hard to follow
the documentation, strictly or otherwise, on gnatchp, since
there is none.

Undoubtedly you read the documentation or GNATCHOP, not gnatchp.
Changing names in commands does not come under the category'
of strictly following documentation I am afraid :-) :-)

Nearly all difficulties with GNAT come from not following the
documentation exactly in our experience (I mean intallation
difficulties here).

One of my students in my class wrote a note today saying that books
in CS were useless, the only way to learn is by example! I replied
that the ability to read documentation accurately is an important
skill! I guess this is a nice example :-)