* From Ada83 to Ada95 ??
@ 1996-03-15  0:00 Mike Ibarra
From: Mike Ibarra @ 1996-03-15  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ibarra

I'm looking for books or articles that exploit the differences/enhancements of
Ada 95 in comparison to old Ada83.  Most books I've seen seem to teach Ada95
from scratch, rather than a comparison and an in depth list of all the new
aspects of Ada95.

Any information would be helpful.
--
Mike Ibarra

* Re: From Ada83 to Ada95 ??
@ 1996-03-15  0:00 ` Robert A Duff
From: Robert A Duff @ 1996-03-15  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <4icbnu$q3o@news4.digex.net>, Mike Ibarra  <ibarra> wrote:
>I'm looking for books or articles that exploit the differences/enhancements of
>Ada 95 in comparison to old Ada83.  Most books I've seen seem to teach Ada95
>from scratch, rather than a comparison and an in depth list of all the new
>aspects of Ada95.

The Rationale has some information like this.  Also, there's a document
called "Changes from Ada 83", or something like that, that lists the
differences in detail (but with no tutorial on how to use the new
features).  Both documents are online at sw-eng.falls-church.va.us via
anonymous FTP in directory public/adaic/docs/standard/95lrm_rat/v6.0.

- Bob

* Re: From Ada83 to Ada95 ??
@ 1996-03-17  0:00 ` Robert B. Love
From: Robert B. Love  @ 1996-03-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In <4icbnu$q3o@news4.digex.net> Mike Ibarra wrote:
> I'm looking for books or articles that exploit the
differences/enhancements of
> Ada 95 in comparison to old Ada83.  Most books I've seen seem to
teach Ada95

The Journal of Object Oriented Programming (JOOP) had a nice overview
of this
by Richard Riehle in the July-August '95 issue.  Mr Riehle is often on
here
so let me congratulate him on the column.

Bob Love, rlove@neosoft.com (local)        MIME & NeXT Mail OK
rlove@raptor.rmnug.org  (permanent)        PGP key available

* Re: From Ada83 to Ada95 ??
@ 1996-03-26  0:00 ` AdaWorks
From: AdaWorks @ 1996-03-26  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mike Ibarra (ibarra) wrote:
: I'm looking for books or articles that exploit the differences/enhancements of
: Ada 95 in comparison to old Ada83.  Most books I've seen seem to teach Ada95
: from scratch, rather than a comparison and an in depth list of all the new
: aspects of Ada95.

: Any information would be helpful.
: --
: Mike Ibarra

  One of the nice features of Norm Cohen's new book is the little
  summary at the end of each chapter that compares Ada 83 and Ada95.
  This book is so good that it belongs in the library of every serious
  Ada practitioner.

  Richard Riehle
  adaworks@netcom.com
--

richard@adaworks.com
AdaWorks Software Engineering

* Re: From Ada83 to Ada95 ??
@ 1996-03-26  0:00   ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1996-03-26  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mike Ibarra (ibarra) wrote:
: I'm looking for books or articles that exploit the differences/enhancements of
: Ada 95 in comparison to old Ada83.  Most books I've seen seem to teach Ada95
: from scratch, rather than a comparison and an in depth list of all the new
: aspects of Ada95.

: Any information would be helpful.
: --

An obvious starting point is the Rationale. I would read this first.