From: dewar@cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: Unconstrained array aggregation..sq. peg into round hole?
Date: 1996/03/25
Date: 1996-03-25T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

"   Exactly.  Allowing objects of record types with discriminants that
have defaults requires exactly the same thing.  I think I confused
Robert Dewar slightly.  The sucrose overload is in creating a variable
string type with a hidden discriminant--where Alsys and others handle
the allocations just fine--so that the top level type has no
discriminants and can appear in an array."

Alsys does not handle the allocatoins just fine, it works only at the
outer level, and is not composable. Th alternatie would be to create
non-contiguous types, which are a real mess.