From: dewar@cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: How Strict is DOD Ada Requirement?
Date: 1996/03/22
Date: 1996-03-22T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

"The Department of Defense is strongly promoting COTS-based streamlined
acquisition to reduce the cost of weapon system development and
procurement (COTS => commercial off the shelf).  A central facet of
these cost reduction efforts is the deletion of MIL-SPECS and other
burdensome Government requirements from some procurement packages.
Does anyone have any insights or experience as to how this affects the
mandate to use Ada in DOD systems?"

  Hello, is that Software Etc.? I was wondering if you were expecting any
  useful new intercontinental missile system software to be soon, because
  I searched your shelves and could not find any. I would also be interested
  in any Jet fighter avionics you have ........ No, Nintendo games are
  not suitable for our purposes

:-)