From: dewar@cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: Which "/" is referenced in a numeric literal expression?
Date: 1996/02/17
Date: 1996-02-17T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Joe said

"Since the example is a violation of the OO principles you propose
to teach, I guess we also differ on this point.  Simplification of
an
example to a point where it shows _anyone_ how to do something
wrong is not IMO *good*."

What a peculiar comment! This was a reduced version of a little bit of
Ada to ask a language question, no style issues were in sight here. Very
often the examples we use to illustrate language questions are in "ppor
style" preciesely because you want to distill out irrelevant stuff.