From: dewar@cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: Ada GC (was about Java VM)
Date: 1996/02/17
Date: 1996-02-17T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Scott asked:

"About 2 weeks I posted a question regarding a product called "Great Circle"
that is advertised in the latest issue of Object magazine (p 63).  The ad
claims to provide garbage collection for C/C++ by simply relinking.  They
also claim to have used there product in X Windows and improved performance
on the "X11 performance benchmarks by 25%".  Since I never saw my post nor
any follow ups or references to it, here it is again.

Anyway, has anybody used this or a similar product?  What is the possibility
that it might be used with GNAT if it performs as advertised, and as I said
before, I have no reason to believe that it doesn't."

It is perfectly possible to write a conservative garbage collector that
runs as described above, and sure, to the extent it works, it probably
works fine with GNAT.