From: "björn lundin" <b.f.lundin@gmail.com>
Subject: subtype definitions
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 06:45:10 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2012-09-26T06:45:10-07:00	[thread overview]

Hi!

I got a type definition as

type Assignment_Type_Type is (Transport, Store, Retrieve, Rearrange, Check,
                                Set_Error, Restore, Mob_Trsp1, Mob_Trsp2,
                                Mob_Trsp3, Mob_Trsp4, Mob_Store, Mob_Check);

I want to loop through some of the values, in another order

for Asm_Type in Transport | Check | Restore | Set_Error | Store loop
  Do_Something(Asm_Type);
end loop;

The above does not compile.

subtype Asm_Type_Type is Assignment_Type_Type range  Transport | Check | Restore | Set_Error | Store ;
no go .

Is there a valid construction in Ada 05 (gnat) that I can use?

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Ada_Programming/Subtypes
has a long discussion, but none with
 elements in different order, only like Retrieve .. Check

--
Björn Lundin