* Seg fault on GPS on Mac OS X Snow Leopard
@ 2009-09-17 12:20 Martin
From: Martin @ 2009-09-17 12:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Anyone else getting segmentation faults when trying to start GPS on
Snow Leopard?

Cheers
-- Martin

* Re: Seg fault on GPS on Mac OS X Snow Leopard
@ 2009-09-17 12:21 ` Martin
From: Martin @ 2009-09-17 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sep 17, 1:20 pm, Martin <martin.do...@btopenworld.com> wrote:
> Anyone else getting segmentation faults when trying to start GPS on
> Snow Leopard?
>
> Cheers
> -- Martin

And yes, I have reinstalled GNAT GPL 2009 completely and updated PATH.

@ 2009-09-17 15:31   ` jsiebert
From: jsiebert @ 2009-09-17 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 17 Sep., 14:21, Martin <martin.do...@btopenworld.com> wrote:
> On Sep 17, 1:20 pm, Martin <martin.do...@btopenworld.com> wrote:
>
> > Anyone else getting segmentation faults when trying to start GPS on
> > Snow Leopard?
>
> > Cheers
> > -- Martin
>
> And yes, I have reinstalled GNAT GPL 2009 completely and updated PATH.
>
> Cheers
> -- Martin

Hello Martin,

I have the same problem. I wrote an email to AdaCore about this.
Answer: We do not support Snow Leopard at the moment. So I switched to
Linux in a VirtualBox environment for Ada development and hope that
GNAT GPL 2010 will support Snow Leopard.

Regards,

Jens

* Re: Seg fault on GPS on Mac OS X Snow Leopard
@ 2009-09-20  2:58     ` Jerry
From: Jerry @ 2009-09-20  2:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sep 17, 8:31 am, jsiebert <jsieb...@live.de> wrote:
> On 17 Sep., 14:21, Martin <martin.do...@btopenworld.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sep 17, 1:20 pm, Martin <martin.do...@btopenworld.com> wrote:
>
> > > Anyone else getting segmentation faults when trying to start GPS on
> > > Snow Leopard?
>
> > > Cheers
> > > -- Martin
>
> > And yes, I have reinstalled GNAT GPL 2009 completely and updated PATH.
>
> > Cheers
> > -- Martin
>
> Hello Martin,
>
> I have the same problem. I wrote an email to AdaCore about this.
> Answer: We do not support Snow Leopard at the moment. So I switched to
> Linux in a VirtualBox environment for Ada development and hope that
> GNAT GPL 2010 will support Snow Leopard.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jens

Doesn't macada.org have a compiler that works with Snow Leopard?
Jerry

* Re: Seg fault on GPS on Mac OS X Snow Leopard
@ 2009-09-20  7:24       ` sjw
From: sjw @ 2009-09-20  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sep 20, 3:58 am, Jerry <lancebo...@qwest.net> wrote:
> On Sep 17, 8:31 am, jsiebert <jsieb...@live.de> wrote:

> > > And yes, I have reinstalled GNAT GPL 2009 completely and updated PATH.
>
> > > Cheers
> > > -- Martin
>
> > Hello Martin,
>
> > I have the same problem. I wrote an email to AdaCore about this.
> > Answer: We do not support Snow Leopard at the moment. So I switched to
> > Linux in a VirtualBox environment for Ada development and hope that
> > GNAT GPL 2010 will support Snow Leopard.
>
> > Regards,
>
> > Jens
>
> Doesn't macada.org have a compiler that works with Snow Leopard?
> Jerry

Martin's problem was with GPS (the IDE), not the compiler.