From: Adam Beneschan <adam@irvine.com>
Subject: Re: Is the Ada compiler of Polyspace invalid?
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 07:54:52 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2011-02-21T07:54:52-08:00	[thread overview]

On Feb 21, 12:32 am, Julian Leyh <jul...@vgai.de> wrote:
> On 18 Feb., 10:40, Martin <martin.do...@btopenworld.com> wrote:
>

> > On Feb 18, 8:58 am, Julian Leyh <jul...@vgai.de> wrote:
>
> > > Hi,
>
> > > I have some Ada code, which I would like to try Polyspace on.
>
> > > It contains something like this (simplified):
>
> > > foo.ads:
> > > procedure foo;
>
> > > foo.adb:
> > > procedure foo is
> > > end foo;
>
> > > somewhere else:
> > > with foo;
> > > foo;
>
> > > The Polyspace compiler doesn't seem to like this..
>
> > > In my understanding, the above should be completely valid Ada code -
> > > even should have been valid Ada83 code (I use Ada95 standard for my
> > > project).
>
> > > Is the Polyspace compiler wrong? That would mean, it is no valid Ada
> > > compiler.. Or is there a way to make Polyspace understand it?
>
> > > Greetings,
> > > Julian
>
> > What's the error you're seeing? also what folders/files are visible in
> > your polyspace project?...
>
> > -- Martin
>
> The error is:
>
> Error: procedure or entry name expected.- Hide quoted text -

Are there other uses of the identifier "foo"?  Other uses that could
cause problems are "foo" being declared as something else or used as a
statement label or block or loop identifier in the same unit that's
calling foo.  If the unit is a package body, then a "foo" defined in
the specification could also cause problems.  Also, if the unit is a
child unit, a "foo" defined in the specification of the parent package
or any ancestor package can cause problems.  Finally, a "foo" defined
in the specification of any USE'd package can cause problems.
Depending on the circumstances, any of these could lead to a situation
where the library unit "foo" that got WITH'ed is hidden.

If the identifier really did get hidden, you can still call it by
referring to it as "standard.foo;"

                                 -- Adam