From: "Marc A. Criley" <mcNOSPAM@mckae.com>
Subject: Re: Calling ada code from non Ada threads
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 09:08:09 -0500
Date: 2005-10-10T09:08:09-05:00	[thread overview]

andy_starritt@hotmail.com wrote:

>    The call back is in a thread created by the shared library,
> and this causes a segmentation fault if I try to do anything
> 'significant' in the Ada code (even a simple Ada.Text_IO.Put_Line is
> problematic). If I just copy the
> call back procedure parameter data to a package
> level variable all is okay.
>
>    Is there any way to let the Ada know and/or be 'happy' with code
> being invoked in a non Ada thread?
>
> BtW using Linux Red Hat 9 and RH Enterprise 3.0

What compiler are you using?  Gnat 3.15p?  If you are, are you aware of
the tasking problem interacting with threads on RH 9?  I know you're
working with "threads", but perhaps it's related?

See http://www.mckae.com/dtq_common/README.RedHat9 for more info.

-- Marc A. Criley
-- McKae Technologies
-- www.mckae.com