From: Olivier Henley <olivier.henley@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: GPS doesn't have SDL template?
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2016 07:09:57 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2016-02-21T07:09:57-08:00	[thread overview]

> SO it looks like GNAT 2013 has the templates for SDL, but GNAT 2015 DOES NOT.
>
> I would really rather not revert to 2013, but I do want to use SDL with Ada and this looks like the easiest way to set it up (as I am *just* starting with Ada)

1. Write to AdaCore so they can fix the situation. I mean their GNAT 2015 package renders their AdaCore University video useless. Best way to piss-off new users.

2. For sure the setup found in GNAT 2013 is movable to a GNAT 2015 install. Now you can lose a lot of time trying to make that work.

3. Except from not having the latest, being new to Ada, GNAT 2013 is way sufficient for you to learn. I would just go with 2013. Once your are done with the vids, reinstall 2015.

BTW, in the long run if you are at ease with Linux I would go that way. If you try to bind to external libs (like sdl) you wont have MinGW in your legs and makefiles just work. Things work in windows too, but most of the time you end up on stackoverflow for some stupid peculiar details related to MinGW.

Debian 8.0 with latest GNAT is a flawless setup.

Also keep the faith, Ada is awesome! It's what surrounds it that sucks. :)