From: David Sauvage <david.sauvage@adalabs.com>
Subject: Re: Building GtkAda - Ubuntu
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 08:15:17 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2011-08-30T08:15:17-07:00	[thread overview]

On Aug 30, 5:51 am, "RasikaSriniva...@gmail.com"
<rasikasriniva...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am getting the following error message when I try to build GtkAda on
> Ubuntu. Turns out I dont have a file called xrender.pc. Any ideas on
> how to solve this issue?

Where do the GtkAda sources you are building come from ?
1.If you got them from an Ubuntu repository, the answer Ludovic gave
you is good.

2. If they are external to Ubuntu, like (libre.adacore.com), I would
say installing
libxrender-dev or libcairo2-dev could be more appropriate.

libcairo2-dev: /usr/lib/pkgconfig/cairo-xlib-xrender.pc
libxrender-dev: /usr/lib/pkgconfig/xrender.pc

PS:
You could install the apt-file package that will help you find the
package that provides a specific file. For example, running
$ apt-file search xrender.pc
returns me the 2 packages I suggested you.

to update the apt-file database, run
$ apt-file update