* Delay while wait for a command
@ 2009-09-29 12:13 Pablo
From: Pablo @ 2009-09-29 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi people,
I need to find a way to count an event occurrence in a defined time
interval. That is, for instance, I need to wait 5 seconds, and in
meantime I need to count the number of occurrences of a method (which
could be a mouse click). Could someone help me? Thanks.

* Re: Delay while wait for a command
@ 2009-09-29 12:46 ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2009-09-29 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 05:13:52 -0700 (PDT), Pablo wrote:

> I need to find a way to count an event occurrence in a defined time
> interval. That is, for instance, I need to wait 5 seconds, and in
> meantime I need to count the number of occurrences of a method (which
> could be a mouse click). Could someone help me? Thanks.

Hmm, that depends on what is "event", "count" and "wait".

Obviously you can:

   Done_At := Clock + 5.0;
     -- Upon an event
   if Clock < Done_At then
      Count := Count + 1;
   end if;

Who waits for 5s? Is it a task? Is it blocked? Is the event signaled to
this task? Another task? And so on, including a specification of what is
the GUI library used, Win32 API, Gtk etc.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov

* Re: Delay while wait for a command
@ 2009-10-01 14:31   ` Pablo
From: Pablo @ 2009-10-01 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 29 set, 09:46, "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mail...@dmitry-kazakov.de>
wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 05:13:52 -0700 (PDT), Pablo wrote:
> > I need to find a way to count an event occurrence in a defined time
> > interval. That is, for instance, I need to wait 5 seconds, and in
> > meantime I need to count the number of occurrences of a method (which
> > could be a mouse click). Could someone help me? Thanks.
>
> Hmm, that depends on what is "event", "count" and "wait".
>
> Obviously you can:
>
>    Done_At := Clock + 5.0;
>      -- Upon an event
>    if Clock < Done_At then
>       Count := Count + 1;
>    end if;
>
> Who waits for 5s? Is it a task? Is it blocked? Is the event signaled to
> this task? Another task? And so on, including a specification of what is
> the GUI library used, Win32 API, Gtk etc.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Dmitry A. Kazakovhttp://www.dmitry-kazakov.de

Thanks Dmitry, I already solved it.