From: "M. Enzmann" <enzmann.m@googlemail.com>
Subject: GNAT GPL2016 on Ubuntu 15.04 and Debian 8
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2016 00:15:15 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2016-10-04T00:15:15-07:00	[thread overview]

Hi all!

I am using GNAT GPL2016 to compile the Ada Drivers Library and the Embedded Runtimes from GitHub.

I am a little puzzled about the results I get. I managed to compile and run some of the examples on a STM32F4 Discovery board. So far, so good.

I do get however, a couple of error (?) messages at the end of the compilation process, telling me, that arm-eabi-ar failed due a wrong ELF-class (error message is in German, something like...
'<path>/bin/arm-eabi-ar: /<path>/lib/bfd-plugins/liblto_plugin.so: wrong ELF-Class ELFCLASS64'

(why would a dynamic library be needed, when libgnarl is supposed to be build as a static library?)

A second run of gprbuild on ravenscar_build.gpr then tells me, that libgnarl.a is up-to date.

In the end the executables I get, when compiling the examples, show two symbols annotated with '?' in nm, the symbols being '__ccmdata_end' and '_ccmdata_start'

I've been following Simon Wrights hint during installation of the compiler: First I installed the cross-compiler, then the native compiler. (The other way round gprbuild didn't find gcc for some reason'.

Any ideas what I am missing? Help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Marc