From: elroy.jpl.nasa.gov!swrinde!cs.utexas.edu!convex!dale@ames.arc.nasa.gov  ( Dale Lancaster)
Subject: Re: Real-Time Scheduling and Ada
Date: 20 Nov 91 14:55:15 GMT	[thread overview]

In <35430@as0c.sei.cmu.edu> tar@sei.cmu.edu (Thomas Ralya) writes:

> 2) in 25 years of building real time systems, I've never heard of a real
>    time system using either of the dynamic priority scheduling techniques.
>    (I'm sure they're out there somewhere, but I wonder if they are in
>    wide-spread use.)

I know of one place that used it for handling multiple realtime flight
simulations at the same time on the same computer (earliest deadline).
However you could not have an abritary number of processes, you had
to carefully make sure there were enough time slices to service all
compute needs for all processes running.  It seems to have worked well,
but they are now moving towards multi-processors with one process per
processor.

dale
Dale M. Lancaster			    Work: 214-497-4581
Convex Computer Corporation		     Fax: 214-497-4848
Product Manager				Internet: dale@convex.com