* Good Ada Compiler for Macintosh?
@ 2001-06-14  0:58 Tobias Giesen
From: Tobias Giesen @ 2001-06-14  0:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

GNAT produces internal errors. Is there another good Ada compiler for
Macintosh?

Thanks.
Tobias

* Re: Good Ada Compiler for Macintosh?
@ 2001-06-15  1:36 ` B. Douglas Hilton
From: B. Douglas Hilton @ 2001-06-15  1:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

What's your setup? Does gcc work ok? Maybe you need to bootstrap
a roll-your-own gcc. Are you running Linux, MkLinux, MacOS, or OSX?

- Doug

@ 2001-06-15 10:47 ` Dale Stanbrough
From: Dale Stanbrough @ 2001-06-15 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tobias Giesen wrote:

> GNAT produces internal errors. Is there another good Ada compiler for
> Macintosh?

You are unlikely to see much in the way of support for Gnat
(realistically the only compiler that will get ported) until
it is combined with gcc 3.0, and there is sufficient pthread
support for Ada tasking. Apple currently don't have a complete
implementation; I'm not sure how much is needed to allow
proper support for Gnat. All of this refers to OS X of course.

Dale