From: Dale Stanbrough <dale@cs.rmit.edu.au>
Subject: Re: Text Files
Date: 2000/05/26
Date: 2000-05-26T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Cameron McShane wrote:

> Hey all
>
> Thanks everyone for your comments and help
>
> It seems that I needed a skip_line before the get_line.
>
>     ie
>     Text_io.skip_line;
>     Text_io.get_line(Filename, Last);
>     Text_Io.Create(
>          File => In_Data,
>          Mode => Text_Io.Out_File,
>          Name => Filename(1..Last));
>
> I was sure I had tried this already, but obviously I was mistaken.

I would suggest that you download my (actually the FSF's!) interactive
text_io simulator that lets you examine the effect of various input
routines.
It's at...

     www.cs.rmit.edu.au/~dale/software/index.html

look for Io_View. I would certainly recommend that your lecturer installs
it on your computers for everyone to use.

Dale