From: dale@cs.rmit.edu.au (Dale Stanbrough)
Subject: Re: "Text fields"
Date: 1998/11/23
Date: 1998-11-23T00:19:24+00:00	[thread overview]

Josh Highley wrote:

> to code and the program is slow for not doing much.  So, finally, my
> question is, is there a "standard" or accepted way to get information
> from different parts of the screen, move between them, and also capture
> ENTER and BACKSPACE in a manner other than what I'm doing?  Basically,
> am I on the right track.  I'm writing the program for DOS.  I'm using
> GNAT 3.10, AdaGIDE 6.18, and Win 95.

i've got a couple of packages that work with Unix/Curses that do this sort
of stuff (allow for defining field types/positions/acceptable inputs,
navigation) that is available on my home page.

It shouldn't be too much trouble converting it to DOS.

See...

   http://goanna.cs.rmit.edu.au/~dale/software/index.html

Dale