From: dale@cs.rmit.edu.au (Dale Stanbrough)
Subject: Re: LRM on passing data *from* C
Date: 1999/05/22
Date: 1999-05-21T22:43:31+00:00	[thread overview]

dennison@telepath.com wrote:

" All of the implementation advice in LRM B.3 (63-75) refers to how data
  is passed *to* C. I'm curious if this advice was also meant to apply to
  how data is passed *from* C when a C function calls an Ada subprogram.

  I'm in a situation where the a compiler may not have followed the
  advice. But we are calling Ada from C, so technicly the advice is not
  applicable..."

The Ada language can't say anything about how C compilers should
operate. For this you have to look to the C language standard.

For your particular application you'll have to examine the C calling
sequence for your particular compiler, and fiddle about with the Ada
code to make it match.

Dale