From: dale@cs.rmit.edu.au (Dale Stanbrough)
Subject: Re: What is a "Constraint Error"
Date: 1998/11/06
Date: 1998-11-06T00:54:31+00:00	[thread overview]

robinsoj  wrote:

  I get a "constraint error" when I run a program that I compiled with GNAT Ada.
  What does "constraint error" mean?

It means that

*   you fell off the end of an array (most likely)

*   you had a null pointer, and you tried to dereference it

*   you generally did something that you asked the compiler to
    look out for (which it duly did, and reported the fault in the
    program you wrote).

Dale