From: Britt Snodgrass <britt.snodgrass@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Eclipse & gnatbench
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 20:49:20 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2008-03-06T20:49:20-08:00	[thread overview]

On Mar 6, 12:10 pm, Eric Hughes <eric....@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 6, 9:56 am, "Alex R. Mosteo" <devn...@mailinator.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to evaluate gnatbench and I'm failing miserably. I have a stock
> > Eclipse Classic 3.3.2 freshly installed and gnat GPL 2007 installed and well
> > tested.
>
> Gnatbench requires that CDT be installed prior.  That tidbit was in
> one of the few bits of documentation I read about it.  Not a problem
> for me, as I already had it in place.
>
> > Gnatbench comes without any documentation I could find. Has anyone here tried
> > it? Care to share some pointers?
>
> Installation worked fine for me.  I'm not using it because,
> apparently, it has no way of dealing with alternate source naming
> conventions.  I don't use GNAT's default ".ads" and ".adb"; I can't
> discriminate between them quick enough on the screen.  If you're not
> customizing your environment that way, perhaps it will work for you.
>
> Eric

I have the newly released 2.1.0 version at work. Its very good. It
handles the Apex naming convention (i.e., *.1.ada & *.2.ada) just fine
if the GNATbench project's .gpr file specifies it *and* if the
internal Eclipse file association preferences are updated to associate
the .ada extension with the GNATbench Ada editor (in addition to .ads
and .adb).

Documentation is installed along with the plug-in and is available via
Eclipse's Help -> help Contents menu.

- Britt