From: Lucretia <lucretia9@lycos.co.uk>
Subject: Re: simple programs -> one file with gps 2008 (gpl)?
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 01:44:06 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2008-08-11T01:44:06-07:00	[thread overview]

On Aug 8, 9:25 pm, "Jeffrey R. Carter"
<spam.jrcarter....@spam.acm.org> wrote:
> Marcus Lauster wrote:
>
> > I'm new to Ada and therefore I'm digging through the book "Programming
> > in Ada 2005". In Chapter 4 on Page 57 the autor states: "Complete simple
> > Programms might be presented in a single file." Furthermore he outlines
> > the structure of how such a simple program might look.
>
> The operative word here is "might". There's not much in the ARM about source
> files or the relationship of compilation units to source files. There's nothing
> in the ARM to prevent a compiler from accepting multiple compilation units in a
> single file, but there's also nothing to require it.

While the AARM does not state anything about how a compilation unit
and a file relate to each other, it does state that a compiler should
take a number of compilation units (see 10.1), this is even specified
in the EBNF (appendix P):

10.1.1:
compilation::= {compilation_unit}

GNAT provides this using gnatchop, there are messages from Robert
Dewar on this group about this.

Thanks,
Luke.