* How to get a a hello program written in ADA to run when VxWorks is started?
@ 2005-06-22 16:33 Lud
From: Lud @ 2005-06-22 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Looking for how to have a program like hello written in ADA (using the
GANT compiler supplied by ADA Core)to be loaded and run automatically
when VxWorks is booted up. The help in VxWorks sates that the module
usrAppInit.c is to be updated.

* Re: How to get a a hello program written in ADA to run when VxWorks is started?
@ 2005-06-22 20:04 ` REH
From: REH @ 2005-06-22 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Lud" <ludvigs.vaivarins@lmco.com> wrote in message
> Looking for how to have a program like hello written in ADA (using the
> GANT compiler supplied by ADA Core)to be loaded and run automatically
> when VxWorks is booted up. The help in VxWorks sates that the module
> usrAppInit.c is to be updated.

There are a couple ways:  load and run it from your startup script, or you
could link it into your VxWorks kernel, and start it as the last thing done
in usrRoot().

You might want to post a question on comp.os.vxworks

REH

* Re: How to get a a hello program written in ADA to run when VxWorks is started?
@ 2005-06-25 17:06 ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2005-06-25 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Lud" <ludvigs.vaivarins@lmco.com> writes:

> Looking for how to have a program like hello written in ADA (using the
> GANT compiler supplied by ADA Core)to be loaded and run automatically
> when VxWorks is booted up. The help in VxWorks sates that the module
> usrAppInit.c is to be updated.

I thought this was one of the examples in the GNATpro documentation
for VxWorks?

I'd be surprised if you have this compiler without support, ask
AdaCore, it's what you're paying them for and they will tell you the
real answer not the following half-remembered hints ..

Assuming you mean you want to make a bootable project which includes
an Ada program (let's assume it is hello.adb!) the steps are, roughly,

* compile and link hello.exe (weird, I know, should be hello.out)
  using something like

    powerpc-wrs-vxworks-gnatmake -nostdlib hello

* modify usrAppInit.c to call hello()

* modify the linker section of the Tornado project so it includes
  hello.exe and the necessary parts of the GCC runtime (some bits are
  left out of the standard Tornado link libraries, sorry, the details
  escape me!)