From: mccormick@cs.uni.edu (John McCormick)
Subject: Bare metal text I/O in Ada
Date: 20 Mar 2005 10:01:39 -0800
Date: 2005-03-20T10:01:39-08:00	[thread overview]

For the embedded systems class that I teach, I need to implement
keyboard input and text output to EGA / VGA on a bare metal (no
operating system) AMD (Intel clone) platform.  Is anyone aware of any
efforts in this area that I might build on?

I am using IBM Rational Apex Embedded.  The Text_IO supplied in
TDM/Rational Exec uses the serial port to communicate with a host
system to do the I/O.  I need to do basic text I/O on the target not
the host.

Thanks for any pointers

John