* Re: Function random
@ 2000-04-27  0:00 ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2000-04-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <8ea8c4$bdh$1@capella.worldonline.fr>,
  "David" <david.deschamps@worldonline.fr> wrote:
> Hi, I want to know if there's a random function in Ada.
> If yes, can you hepl me to finc documentation ?

The Ada LRM is available online at various places, including
http://www.adapower.org . You can find mention of the pseudo-random
number generation function, along with many other useful routines that
you should know about, in appendix A of the LRM.

--
T.E.D.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* Re: Function random
@ 2000-04-27  0:00 ` tmoran
From: tmoran @ 2000-04-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Hi, I want to know if there's a random function in Ada.
>If yes, can you hepl me to finc documentation ?
Glancing at a few books handy on my shelf, I see:
  Ada Reference Manual A.5.2 "Random Number Generation"
  Ada as a second language, 2nd ed, 2.6.4 "Random Values"
  Programming in Ada 95, 2nd ed, 4.3 "Numeric Library"
  Ada 95 Problem Solving and Program Design, 2nd ed,
    7.3 "Continuing Saga: Random Numbers and the Drunken Spider"
For on-line resources, look at www.AdaPower.com
Note that Ada 83 did not have a standard, official, random number
package.  Looking at a couple of older, Ada 83 vintage, texts,
I see mentions that random numbers will be in Ada 9x or Ada 95.

* Re: Function random
@ 2000-04-27  0:00 ` Gautier
From: Gautier @ 2000-04-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

David:

> Hi, I want to know if there's a random function in Ada.

Yes!

> If yes, can you hepl me to finc documentation ?

The Manual, A.5.2: http://www.adapower.com/rm95/arm95_233.html

HTH
Gautier  --  http://members.xoom.com/gdemont/

* Function random
@ 2000-04-27  0:00 David
From: David @ 2000-04-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, I want to know if there's a random function in Ada.
If yes, can you hepl me to finc documentation ?
Thanks
David