* Programming in Ada, First Edition
@ 2003-09-20 19:42 Shanon Fernald
       [not found] ` <rb7v31-ai4.ln1@beastie.ix.netcom.com>
From: Shanon Fernald @ 2003-09-20 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have just picked up a copy of "Programming In Ada" by J.G.P Barnes.

It is the first edition I believe, with a copyright of 1982. It is in
perfect mint condition. It does not look like the book has ever even
been cracked open. There is someone's signature on the front cover,
not the author. It is a blue book with a black and white picture of a
women on the cover.

The book was penciled for 17.95, but I negotiated it for $5. Is this
thing worth anything and is anybody interested in it.

I have recently become interested in Ada because I am learning VHDL. I
think it is really a wonderful underappreciated language.

Well, thanks all. Bye.

* Re: Programming in Ada, First Edition
       [not found] ` <rb7v31-ai4.ln1@beastie.ix.netcom.com>
@ 2003-09-23 16:24   ` Colin Paul Gloster
From: Colin Paul Gloster @ 2003-09-23 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

A newer edition is available for free from
HTTP://WWW.seas.GWU.edu/~adagroup/sigada-website/barnes-html/intro.html

Shanon Fernald said:

"[..]

I have recently become interested in Ada because I am learning VHDL. I
think it is really a wonderful underappreciated language."

In article <rb7v31-ai4.ln1@beastie.ix.netcom.com>, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:

"[..]

        Ada95 does have some major additions (protected objects as a second
means of intertask communication, whereas Ada83 and kin only have the
rendezvous)."

VHDL, whose form was influenced by what was then Intermetrics and is
considered to be a relative of Ada, does not have rendezvous but does have
signals and VHDL'93 has shared variables.

* Re: Programming in Ada, First Edition
@ 2003-09-24 15:33     ` Shanon Fernald
From: Shanon Fernald @ 2003-09-24 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Colin_Paul_Gloster@ACM.org (Colin Paul Gloster) wrote in message
> A newer edition is available for free from
> HTTP://WWW.seas.GWU.edu/~adagroup/sigada-website/barnes-html/intro.html

 Nice, I just didn't want to feel bad it was a collector's item and I
left it by the pool for the day.