From: Vincent Aurele <vaurele@gmx.com>
Subject: libraries are not supported on this platform
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 13:27:54 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2012-11-17T13:27:54-08:00	[thread overview]

Hi,

I have a cross-compiler (target: arm-none-eabi) and I'm trying to compile my project with it. This project use a precompiled (static) C library so I have defined a 'library project' in lib.gpr with 'for Externally_Built use "True";'. Using my standard gnatmake, it works fine but when I try to compile my project with the cross-compiler, I have an error:

lib.gpr:8:24: warning: libraries are not supported on this platform

and my lib is not used by the linker (so the link fails)

I understand that my target don't support dynamic library but static library are perfectly fine, so I think it should be work.
Is this an issue with my cross-compiler? Is there a way to make it work?

Thanks